Category Archives: Malifaux

Wyrd how things happen.

The blog got a load more hits today than usual – odd in itself as there wasn’t an update (maybe it’s better when I have nothing to say).

It turns out that someone found a link I put on the Wyrd Malifaux forum years ago about basing my Coryphee and replied to the topic. This Lazarus post has then had people look and follow the link back here.

Crazy I tells you. It has closed up the voting on the poll though with only 2 votes between the first two titles.

Advertisements

Every ending must have a start.

My resolution to paint (reduce) my pile of miniatures didn’t seem too daunting until I actually started looking at some numbers. I thought it might be wise to know what lies ahead and so took a tally of the stuff in my room.

This is just the stuff I have to hand and doesn’t include anything back at my old home in the loft and I have focused on games that I currently play or plan to relaunch during 2014.

  • Batman Miniatures Game – 4
  • Confrontation – 24
  • Relics – 25
  • Infinity – 22
  • Hordes – 11
  • Warmachine – 86
  • Flames of War – 14 Bases of Infantry, 2 AT Guns, 2 Jeeps
  • Warhammer Fantasy – An entire Vampire Counts Army – I couldn’t be bothered counting
  • Warhammer 40k – 7 Marines, Necron Battleforce, Necron Lord, 3 Tomb Blades
  • Malifaux – 12
  • Dystopian Wars – 59
  • Dreadball – 4

I think given we are currently playing Dreadball and Batman that these will be my focus (plus they have low model count).

Keep watching for news on how it goes.

Basing the Coryphée

With a 30 soulstone game of Malifaux on the horizon I decided to dig out the Showgirls starter set as a change from Ramos but realised that I haven’t built my Coryphée yet.

These stunning miniatures come as a pair in a blister and their rules allow them to merge into a duet causing both models to be on a 50mm base rather than each on a 40mm one.

Two options presented themselves to me:

  1. Buy a second blister
  2. Work out a clever basing method to save funds.

I don’t have cash to throw around so option 2 seemed the obvious choice.

To that end my first job was to raid the local coffee house – pick your brand of choice – and grab a handful of their delightful wooden stirrers. Once home I laid out enough of them to allow a lipped 40mm base to fit on the top.

Stirrers
40mm base

 Now, it is worth noting that a 40mm base fits into a 50mm base and a 30mm fits into the 40mm one, for a 30mm base I use a pound coin as a template but substitute with whatever fits.

I am now left with this

Now just cut them out and file/sand to fit

Lastly, I drilled a small hole into each 40mm base and two in the 50mm on before attaching a 0.50mm pin to the underside of each Coryphée so that I could switch between the bases in order for the Dance Together action to be performed.

Now I just need to try and get around to painting something.

>At last – a photo

Finally, a picture of something. Here’s my figures for the Malifaux ‘Try Something New’ event.

>All is quiet.

>Bit silent lately as I have been away at Uni but things are progressing – slowly.

Britanan Starter set is complete, Steamborg Executioner is done, Ramos is on the bench.

Infinity minis and buildings on back burner as they are not till week three of our ‘Try Something New’ promotion.

Photos to come when I get a decent camera/light set up

>Try Something New update

>

Right, all my Britanan are built and based ready for priming. Uncharted Seas sails primed ready for a quick paint, nothing special. Steamborg Executioner has base layer finished. ALEPH Deva needs basing.

Three and a bit weeks to go.

%d bloggers like this: